Friday, January 18, 2013

Prompt: Marine Pollution's Effect on Coral Reefs


(http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/feb/23/coral-reef-report-dying-danger)


Description:
This blog was created so that I can share the dangerous and harmful effects that marine pollution has on coral reefs. Each week I will be posting my thoughts, videos, photos and other interesting tidbits that I may find.
Coral reefs are the "rainforests of the ocean", they provide shelter and food for many sea creatures. They are a vital presence in the ocean and must be saved! 

Goals:
Many people enjoy the wonders of coral reefs while they are on vacation but many don't realize how fast coral reefs are dying out. While this does not affect those of us who live in Harrisonburg, but anyone who has been to the beach are unknowingly affected by marine pollution. There are means of turning this destruction around and I hope that I can inform people of this serious problem and help them help the reefs. 

Audience:

Since this blog is for my writing class I have decided my main audience are people my age. I hope that I can reach many others out there but I will be focusing on college students. I believe that college students are at the perfect age to really step up and initiate a change in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment